Monday, June 13, 2016

Short Emails Are Terrible!

Hello, all! I'm afraid this has to be short. We are in quite a rush, and I have an influx of e-mails!

It's been a really great week. We've had some good times in missionary work. Sister Abril had a bucket of cold water dumped on her after she lost a bet! We discovered that flying termites are the literal devil. I have learned much about listening to the Spirit and what drives it away. I have been blessed to have all kinds of insights about myself, my area, my investigators, and the future.

We had a Zone meeting this week, in which we learned all about the Spirit, what He is, how we can listen for the still, small voice and so on. Our Heavenly Father is always prompting us and always trying to direct us, but we have to make the choice to follow His counsel -- and sometimes, that's the hardest part.

I've learned that the Spirit is a very simple thing. The Spirit will not dwell in places that are not worthy of His presence. If you are gossiping, unnecessarily angry, vengeful, the Spirit will not reside with you and will not want to.

But, if you are uplifting one another, trying to be kind, serving, and doing your best, the Spirit will come and fill you with light. I am grateful to be surrounded by people who are striving to be better disciples of Jesus Christ, and who are following Him to the best of their ability.

We all have shortcomings. We can't always be perfect -- in fact, we never can. The only perfect one is Jesus Christ. We are led by a prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson, who has been called of God to guide us in these latter days. I know that Jesus Christ leads him, and that we need modern revelation in times like these, where the world is pushing us to and fro.

I know the nature of the Godhead. I have the opportunity to talk to those who have been taught that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are one being. I would like to testify that they are separate, individual beings who are one in purpose. Whatever Christ would do, Heavenly Father and the Spirit would do. You can phrase that sentence in any way, and it would be true. They work together to bring about God's eternal purposes. Christ is the Only Begotten Son, and He was chosen to be our Savior.

God loved us so He sent His Son. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and I know that He is walking beside us as we work. I know this work is the work of God, and I would not want to be doing anything else.

I have a testimony of God's plan for us. I know that this plan is simple and loving, that God is aware of our troubles and afflictions. This is why we have Christ; He is the center of this plan, and I know that through Christ, through the authority of God, families can be together forever.

I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that I was sent to Mississippi for a truly holy, magnificent purpose.

Sorry for the short e-mail, my friends. I will be a little better next week!

Love y'all!

Sincerely,

Sister Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment