Monday, May 23, 2016

Washed Pink

Missionary Lingo: 
Pinkwash: to remove two sister missionaries from an area and replace them with two sisters, as opposed to removing just one sister and replacing her. If this were to happen to elders, this would be called a "whitewash."
Assistants to the President: or, the APs. Two elders who have been called to serve as assistants to our Mission President. They assist with transfers, training missionaries in leadership positions, doing the work President Olson would not be able to do alone, and so on. 
 
Hey y'all, hey! It's transfer week!
 
And I'm getting transferred. 
 
We've been anticipating that this transfer, honestly. I've been in Purvis since December, and I was ripe for a move anyway. I've been pre-packing and working to help Sister Barney lead Purvis, doing my best to make sure to leave Purvis better than I found it. 
 
After our church tour on Sunday, we received a call from the Assistants to the President. Elder Beckstrom, my first Zone Leader, has been called as one of them and informed us of our transfer news: 
"We're pinkwashing y'all's area." 
We thought he was kidding at first! We asked again to double-check, and, for sure, we are being pinkwashed. 
We now have to pack up all of our things, deep clean our apartment, prepare our Area Book, and ready our car for sisters who will be completely new to the Purvis area -- all before Tuesday morning! Needless to say, we're busy today, so please excuse my short e-mail!
It's funny how the Lord prepares you for things to come. He prepared me for Purvis, I know. I was prepared for Sister Matealona, and she for me. I was prepared for Sister Barney, and I know we were meant to be companions. This companionship has been truly inspired of the Lord, and I am eternally grateful for the many things Sister Barney has taught me. She is an amazing missionary, and an even more amazing person. She is going to do great things. Watch out for her at BYU-Idaho! 
Purvis has taught me a lot. It has tested me a lot. I'm not sure what to expect in my next area, especially since I have no idea where I'm going. Y'all will find that out next week, and I will know this tomorrow! Every area is different -- vastly different. As President Olson said to me once, "Every area is different, but the Spirit is the same." 
The Spirit is the same wherever you go. I know I still have the gift of the Holy Ghost guiding me in my missionary decisions. I know that no matter where I go, the Spirit will be with me; I will be safe, guided, and ready for whatever is thrown at me. While I make mistakes, I have a Savior who makes up for the wrongs that I commit as long as I am doing my part and improving at my own pace. To quote Elder Bruce C. Hafen, "Because of the Atonement, we can learn from our mistakes without being condemned by them." 
So, thank you, Purvis. Thank you for all of your troubles. Thank you for all of your heat and mosquitoes. Thank you for your questions, your time and patience. Thank you for letting me grow. Thank you for showing me the flipside to missionary work. Thank you for allowing me to learn to listen to the Spirit better. Thank you for being wonderful. 
 
There is always an adventure for you just around the bend. There's always a new face, a new place, a new experience tailored just for you. Do not doubt that God's hand is in everything. Do not doubt that He loves you, that He knows what's best for you, and that you are a special, beloved son or daughter of our Heavenly Father. 
Be the best you can be. Strive to do better, and remember that the Atonement makes up for all of the steps you can't take, the clouds you can't reach, the oceans that are too far to cross. 
He's got you. 
Love y'all!
Godspeed!
Sincerely, 
 
Sister Rose 
 
We had a paint fight on Monday!! :D We had so much fun with all the missionaries! 


 

District Photo + the ZLs!

Exchanges with Sister Nash last week!

Chalk Talk!

Sister Barney and I with a magnolia! These things are HUGE 

 This is Cocoa, an investigator's dog. 

That is a goat, an investigator's goat. 

And that is a Christmas tree farm! 

This is what getting transferred looks like 

 

Mississippi clouds! 

Crawfish boil! :DD I had crawfish for the first time this weekend! 

Check out these shirts that Sister Wyatt got for us! They're SO GOOD. THANK YOU, SISTER WYATT.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment