Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Acorns in the Face

What a good morning, my brethren and sistren! Well, I guess it's afternoon now. Sister Maughan and I spent our morning in Firestone, so we're finally here, ready to send home some Mississippi love!

The weather is kinda-sorta becoming fall. Kinda-sorta. You see, Miss'ippi likes to feel like fall in the morning when we walk to the gym. It reminds me of fall afternoons at BYU-I when I'd be bundled up walking to a class, trying not to slip down the sloped sidewalks of campus. The air is crisp, the wind gentle and chilled. It feels familiar, and then it slowly rolls into summer as we climb into the afternoon -- which by now is also familiar! I'm excited for the full-on cold, even if it won't last for very long.

This week was the long-awaited Cruisin' on the Coast. If you aren't familiar with this Gulf Coast tradition, it is when tons and tons of old, restored cars drive along the coast of Mississippi. Where it starts, I have no idea. Where it ends, I also have no idea. I just know I needed to avoid the highway if I needed to get to an appointment. It was so cool to see all the cars, though! Even if some people lost their minds and forgot how to drive...

Anyway! Sister Maughan and I have been cranking out the finding. We've done a lot of door-knocking this week, but we didn't do it aimlessly. See, sometimes we missionaries like to do this thing called "inspired tracting." What happens, is one of us kneels in front of a map of our area and prays for guidance from Heavenly Father that He will lead us to the streets we need to go to that week. That person writes down ten streets that stick out to them while the other is kneeling, praying for their companion.

The person praying then goes to the list of streets when the other is done, prays, and picks out five streets that stick out to them while the other also prays for them. We switch one more time, and that person also picks out five streets. When we're done, we come together and see what streets we have in common.

Sister Maughan and I had four streets in common. Cool, right? Knowing we were led by the Spirit, we consistently went to those areas when we had nothing else to do. We planned in time to tract, to find, and to focus on the waiting gems in that area.

There is a heavenly calm that befalls us when we tract such areas. I feel ready at each doorstep, knowing that this is where Heavenly Father wanted me to be. He led us here; He had to have a reason for leading us to this area.

It reminds me of a scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 84, which reads:

And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will beon your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.

When we go where our Heavenly Father wants us to go -- whether that be to tract, to a school, to a city, to a person -- He bears us up and carries us through this decision. No heavenly request is denied heavenly help. If you are aligning your will with God's, then He will make miracles happen before your eyes.

And that, brothers and sisters, is certainly what He did for us.

We found multiple people on those streets -- and we aren't even finished! Not to mention, every second we've spent tracting there has been divinely inspired. In every situation, the timing has been absolutely impeccable! I could hardly believe it every single time! Thinking about the intricacies of God's timing just blows my mind, and warms my heart. It swells with joy, and a sense of pride as I think of the Father in Heaven that I know -- and that He knows me, and knows His children.

There are so many miracles happening around you. Heavenly Father is so aware of your situation and your trials. He knows you. He knows that you are doing your best, and that is what matters.

If God has asked you to do something, do not delay. If you have felt that something is right, then what is holding you back? If you know that something is true, that something is worthwhile, then tell me -- what cause have you to procrastinate the day of your happiness?

Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ have nothing else in store for you than true, pure, eternal happiness.

Prepare for it, brothers and sisters. It's coming.

I love y'all!

Have a good week!

Godspeed!

Sincerely,

Sister Rose

Check out these creepy Halloween decorations :'D



 Sister Maughan and I are totally in sync. Completely unified.

 LOOK AT THESE GIANT RABBITS WE SAW IN AN APARTMENT COMPLEX. WHAT. THEY'RE HUGE. AS BIG AS MY FACE. BIGGER THAN MY FACE
 


More chalk talk. If God called prophets then, why not now?
 



Biloxi beach <3

Sister Conder and Sister Bennett are truly dignified STLs

They also gave us this on a goodie bag

These are old photos, but I just found them in the e-mail! :'D (Left to Right...sort of): Sister Conder, Sister Bennett, SISTER MARRIOTT!, Sister Thorpe, ME!, Sister Jones, and Sister Sandoval.

(Right to left): Sister Conder, Sister Bennett, SISTER CORDON!, Sister Thorpe, ME!, Sister Jones, and Sister Sandoval!

No comments:

Post a Comment