Wednesday, November 9, 2016

"Are You Going to Be Thankful, or Just Full?"

That is from a church sign, boys and girls. I love serving in the south.

Goooood morning, y'all! It's a beautifully rainy morning here in Biloxi. It's also transfer week, so I'm a little short on time -- but I'll do my best!

Are y'all ready for a five-peat? Because Sister Rose is still going to hit it up in Biloxi! However, the Lord has made the decision to move Sister Maughan to bless others in the MJM. Thank you for your service as my companion, Sister Maughan. I'll miss you. I'm grateful we got to serve together again, but I know that your talents are needed elsewhere. I can't wait to hear about what you'll accomplish in your new area!

Lemme tell ya, this entire week has been quite the adventure! I'm sure I say that just about every week, but I mean it every time! The Lord brings new adventures every single week; I'm blown away by His knowledge, power, and timing.

We had a fun pow-wow with the Ocean Springs Sisters on Monday, carving pumpkins and making cookies. They're the best! We also had the best party ever with the airmen on Keesler! I owned them at target practice. Kind of. (It was with a Nerf gun. That counts, right?)

Multiple times this week, I have seen the Lord placing us just where we need to be, just at the right time. Just to name a few examples: while biking, we zoomed past an investigator we hadn't seen in a while and ran into one of our progressing investigators, who was then reminded to make an appointment with us; after teaching a rather lengthy lesson, we walked out of an apartment just as a couple we'd lost contact with was walking into the apartment next door. It turns out they had just moved in, and they want us to come by and teach them.

One of my favorite stories from this week demonstrates this. Saturday morning, Sister Maughan and I had made the executive decision to bike to our potential investigators' apartments nearby. The first apartment complex was fruitless; the only person who answered had just woken up and wasn't totally in the mood to talk (I forget people sleep on Saturdays. Whoops). Scratching our heads, we zipped down the street to the next apartment complex where a member we hadn't met yet was supposed to live. We locked up our bikes and strolled to the front door. As we stood there, I took note of a slowly-filling U-Haul parked right beside the sidewalk. The apartment directly across from us was dark, but there was a mother and daughter gathering boxes, brows knitted together, eyes distant as they calculated how they were going to fit everything into that truck.

Ask them if they want help, came a little voice at the back of my head. That thought nagged me from the moment I'd seen the truck, but I'd thought back to my past experiences when others have eyed our skirts, laughed, and said, "No, thanks."

As the mother walked out with another box, I asked, "Do y'all want some help?"

Immediately, her eyes grew wide and a grin spread across her exhausted expression. "Help?!" she just about yelled. "Yes! Please!"

She dropped the box onto the truck, and we stepped inside. The apartment was in complete disarray, and I wasn't sure exactly what all we could do. We soon found ourselves carefully wrapping glassware in jackets, sheets, and pillowcases. The two were absolutely elated that we'd stopped to help.

The Spirit leads us just where we need to be, whether we realize it or not. As I've been watching for miracles, I've noticed God's hand guiding me to each and every spot where I've needed to be. It's been such a humbling experience. Heavenly Father truly loves all of His children, and He uses us to answer their prayers.

Have you been an answer to a prayer?

Have a good week! I'll have more news next Monday!

Love y'all! Happy voting!

Godspeed!

Sincerely,

Sister Rose

Halloween on base! This is when we were shooting Nerf guns at targets set up by our Branch President. Sister Robinson won against her husband, and I dominated at the end. Somehow. By the grace of God.




Sister Maughan and I's pumpkins that we carved! Mine's on the right. Guess what it is. I dare you.

We were making thank you cards for the members. We think we're cute ;)

 CHECK OUT THE COAST, Y'ALL

 Finished the Book of Mormon this week! That's #3 so far!
  


Manager parking? More like Maughan 'n' Rose :'D

 FOUND THE BILOXI SIGN

 The boys of the branch (sort of). Left to right: Elder Chukwu, Elder Robinson, President Morgan, and Elder Hunt!

Got a picture with the Robinsons! <3 I love these guys. They've adopted us.

At Sister Robinson's request, I drew them. :)

8 comments:

  1. Love her weekly emails! She is so inspiring! Sister Rose is one talented lady...I knew she was very artistic but the drawing of the Robinsons , wow unbelievable! I know Sister Maughan loved her cooking too! Love her!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to forget what a fabulous companion and missionary!!!!!

      Delete
    2. This is Maddy's mom! I'm so happy to hear that, and I'll share your comment with her! She does love to draw, and to cook! I miss her cooking! Thanik you for your sweet comments :)

      Delete
    3. Oops!! I meant, Sister Rose's Mom!

      Delete
  2. We absolutely LOVE Sister Maughan and Sister Rose! They are so fun, and have brightened many of our days. Yes, they are now officially Sister Rose-Robinson and Sister Maughan-Robinson.♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sister Rose's mom here :) That is so sweet of you! It's so good to know that you all are watching out for our girls :) Than you for being so sweet!!

      Delete
  3. Sister Rose! I miss you, but I LOVE reading your e-mails and hearing about all of your adventures! Keep it up! :) You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beth! This is Sister Rose's Mom! I just got the letter that she's coming home March 15th!! Maybe you can help me round up folks to meet her at the airport? We can make plans on her Facebook page! So exciting!

      Delete