Tuesday, November 22, 2016

KLING

Hello, my fellow friends! How are things? Cold? Probably. They're getting pretty cold here.

Mississippi likes to do this thing where it can't decide what it wants. Monday through Thursday we seem to be having fall, which is cool, I suppose. But then when we hit Friday through Sunday, we're smack in the middle of winter! I'm not sure how to dress! It's nuts! But, I love it. I'd much rather have this cold than the blistering heat of the summer.

Sister Greenhalgh and I have been enjoying ourselves here on the chilly coast. We've taught at the Air Force branch, recruited airmen into the Church, helped random ladies carry their groceries, and maybe played with some of the makeup in Sephora (on P-Day!). I do love this girl. We're partying hard here in Biloxi!

This week, we had Zone Training Meeting. Cool, right? This one was featuring President and Sister Olson. Pretty cool, I think. (Especially when you learn your mission president used to jump out of planes. Beat that, y'all.) I always learn so much at these meetings. I learn much about myself and my investigators, and I'm always reminded of how mindful Heavenly Father is of each and every one of His children.

I remember sitting in the front row at this meeting (as was assigned to me by the Zone Leaders. Thanks, you two) and glancing around at the rows of tables around me. Each missionary was hunched over a notebook, pen spinning in one hand with their eyes fixed on the mission president. I looked over at my companion, and she was scribbling away in her notebook.

As I listened and took notes, I just felt a feeling of understanding. I remember when I first came to the mission, how everything was so new. Everything was bright, brilliant, and overwhelming. The world was new and uncertain, and even still it has its uncertainties. But amidst these tables and notebooks, skirts and suit coats I knew that this is where I was meant to be. God has continuously been confirming to me that I was supposed to come on my mission when I did, and I am so grateful that I left when I had.

During a lesson with an investigator, I'd felt prompted to share a story of how I left on my mission when I did. We were seated at a member's home; this nice couple had fed us and the investigator, even with their two adorable little girls constantly wanting their attention. Our investigator was seated on the couch, Book of Mormon out on her lap. And according to the Spirit's guidance, I shared my experience with her -- of knowing I was supposed to leave for the MTC August 26, 2015, and how I've seen specific reasons why I was supposed to come here when I did.

This lovely woman smiled and looked down at her scriptures and said, "Well, if you hadn't left then you wouldn't have found me."

Brothers and sisters, I know what the scriptures mean when they say their hearts are full. I have cried tears of joy this week, and I am so eternally grateful for the many blessings my Heavenly Father has bestowed upon the Biloxi sisters this week.

God is aware of you. He is aware of your needs and is especially aware of an eternal timeline. All things happen according to His will and pleasure, and I know that we can rest knowing that God has us in mind.

He knows.

He knows which college you are to attend and when. He knows whether or not you are supposed to go on a mission. He knows which classes you should take. He knows where you should live, what job you need to have, what doors you need to knock on -- goodness, He just knows!

As I reflect on the past fourteen months, I've realized how perfect the Lord's timing really is. We are all here for a reason. You are called to your mission for a specific reason. You are where you are for a reason. God does not do things willy nilly. He is too perfect, too kind, too loving, and too smart for that.

He lets us make our own decisions, but He guides them. If we lean on Him for His support, He will guide us in all of our decisions.

Remember Nephi's words, "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life" (2 Nephi 31:20).

Have faith in Christ. Have a hope for a brighter future, a better tomorrow, a better you. All things are possible in Jesus Christ. Even your dreams and aspirations; you are worthy of the blessings God has promised you.

Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Godspeed!

Sincerely,

Sister Rose

Me and Sister Greenhalgh potential-trying and taking pictures of the sunset.
 



Partying hard Mormon girl style #TurnUp #Turnip

 This is Mississippi in a single photo.

PLANES ON THE AIR FORCE BASE YO
  


Remember that one time I met this adorable gem named Sister Williams? Yeah, so I haven't seen her since the end of my first transfer of my mission. She's an office sister now, and CAME TO ZTM! I AM THRILLED. SHE'S THE CUTEST.

 P-Day

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Sister Maddie Rose!! We miss her here in Purvis. And we love Sister Greenhalgh too. She just left Purvis Ward to go to Biloxi with Sister Rose. Her message was SO inspiring. Please tell her I luv her & Sister Greenhalgh too!

    ReplyDelete