Monday, December 12, 2016

That Awkward Moment When the Pizza Guy and the Mormon Missionaries Knock on the Door at the Same Time

#LongTitles

No, but really. That actually happened. It was awesome. It went a little something like:

Us: *knock knock*
Investigator: WHO IS IT?
Us: Missionaries!
*Pizza guy walks up*
Investigator: WHO???
Us: missionaries and pizza

Anyway! So, what is up, everyone?! It's transfer week! And it's been a greatly-anticipated transfer week, too. You see, I'm finally leaving Biloxi. And I say finally only because I've been here probably forever, and I suppose the Lord was like, "Oh. Maybe it's time for you to leave." So, as the Zone Leaders have informed us this morning, Sister Greenhalgh will be staying in Biloxi and I will be going who-knows-where in the Mississippi Jackson Mission.

Because of that and all the packing I have to do, this e-mail will be pretty short! I've learned quite a bit from Biloxi. Most of my growth has happened here. I was blessed with amazing companions, truly prepared investigators, and a fantastic ward. Biloxi was all I could have asked for in an area. I've learned that sometimes things don't always go the way you planned; sometimes when you're living in your imagination and the world doesn't match up, you might have the tendency to get discouraged and question but then Heavenly Father gives you something even greater than you could have imagined. That's the beauty of knowing the gospel; when you give it to the One with the eternal perspective, you know things will work for your good.

I can testify that things really are consecrated for your good, brothers and sisters. I've sat in too much darkness and seen brighter lights to deny that. Heavenly Father truly has us in mind, and He will never leave us behind.

As I've reflected on this and my past five transfers in Biloxi, I've noticed the little signs of growth that have happened in me. As I've handed pieces of myself over to my Savior, I've watched Him make them into something beautiful -- something more peaceful, more resilient, more sound.

A recent convert in the Biloxi ward changed my perspective on things during a lesson this week. To one of our investigators, she said, "You won't have to change for this; it will change you."

That principle has applied to me in this area, as well as over my whole mission. And as I've shared the gospel, I've realized that it is the gospel that changes us. Heavenly Father does ask us to change, but He doesn't tell us to do it ourselves. He asks us to give ourselves to Him, and He will change us.

Change is scary. Choosing to do something different, to take a leap of faith, to be someone you've never been before is downright terrifying. I remember when I first received the prompting to serve a mission, and I vividly remember all of the many reasons I'd used to justify not praying about it.

"I don't know how to talk to people." "I don't know much about the gospel." "I don't have enough money for it." "What about school?" "What if I don't do as well as I want to?"

None of these reasons (plus more) matter anymore. I cannot believe the kind of person my Savior has allowed me to be -- the kind of person my Savior has changed me into. This gospel works, brothers and sisters. This gospel truly changes people.

Ponder on that. You do not have to change for the gospel. It will change you.

I love you all. Have a good week, and I'll let you know what's up when I'm somewhere else.

Godspeed!

Sincerely,

Sister Rose

 This is what getting transferred looks like.
 




This is our investigator, Victor. He's the coolest kid around.

Selfies at the beach for the last time <3
 



The true essence of Sister Rose
  


#THROWBACK. WENT ON EXCHANGES WITH THIS FOOL. IT'S JUNE AGAIN, BRUH.

A member gave us these. This is what the Celestial Kingdom tastes like

Sister Greenhalgh's bathroom decor. She's basically the best.

GUESS WHERE WE WENT
THAT'S RIGHT
HATTIESBURG
Well, Purvis, to be exact. WHICH IS EVEN BETTER.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment