Tuesday, September 8, 2015

OH MAN OH MAN OH MAN

Hello, humans!

I successfully made it to Mississippi! Wow! I was so exhausted yesterday! You have no idea! 

The south is so different from my wee desert in Colorado. There are trees everywhere. They make up for the severe lack of mountains. Not to mention, I can see the sun a lot more clearly, which makes the mornings and the evenings all the more beautiful. I am so excited to serve here, even if I'm already drowning in humidity! 

The missionaries here say that we're coming at just the right time by way of weather. It's less humid (hilariously) and, as one of the Elders in my new district put it, "It's only ninety degrees!" 

President Olson (our mission president here) and Sister Olson both said that the weather was supposed to cool down here in the next couple of weeks, which I'm excited for! I love cool weather, ESPECIALLY the fall! I can't wait to see what all these trees look like once we hit October. 

I had some anxieties about being here the other night. I've been worried about my abilities as a missionary, and whether or not I'm capable of doing these things for the Lord. But, I've been called for a reason. All of the missionaries have. People are not called because they know every scripture and understand every line of doctrine. Missionaries are called because the Lord has set them aside and trusts them to teach their brothers and sisters about His love and His grace. I and the other missionaries called everywhere in the world are serving for a reason, and I hope to share with y'all what those reasons will be when I know them. 

OKAY! SO! While I was typing this, I met my new companion! Whoa! Her name is Sister Harrison! We'll be serving in Flowood, which is in the Brandon ward here in Mississippi. It's one of the wealthier areas, apparently, so Sister Olson told me that I'd have to find some way to get the people there to listen since they're so busy with themselves and don't realize they're missing something. 

We'll see what happens! 

I'm so excited to be here. I can't even tell you all how truly excited I am to finally begin being a messenger of the Lord. I am so blessed to be able to share His gospel, and to even have His trust to share it and carry it. 

I hope you're all doing well! Let me know if I can do anything for anyone while I'm here!

Love you all!

Sister Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment