Monday, March 6, 2017

Penultimate

Hello, y'all!

I'm unsure exactly what to say in this one. I'll do my best.

Sister May shared her favorite word with me. It is "penultimate," which means "second to last." I thought it would be fitting for this e-mail.

My penultimate district meeting was this last Wednesday. My penultimate correlation meeting was on Saturday. My penultimate Sunday as a missionary just passed. Sister Greenhalgh was my penultimate companion, and today is my penultimate P-Day.

Second-to-last. Who would've thought?

We got to teach the youth about missionary work this second-to-last week. With combined Young Men and Young Women, we had them ride bicycles in skirts, knock on doors and do an approach to teach the gospel, and share the gospel on social media. We taught them about the nitty-gritty parts of being a missionary. We gave them a glimpse of the mundane things we have to do everyday. It was fun, and I hope the youth liked it.

I always want to share the miracles that have happened, despite the nitty-gritty, awkward, weird things that we have to endure. I cannot explain in words the feelings I have had as a servant of the Lord. I cannot truly share what it means to watch someone come close to the Savior and become better because of it. I cannot expound to you the miracles that God bestows upon His servants every hour, every minute of everyday. The miracles this week, albeit second-to-last were second-to-none. I will always and forever believe that Heavenly Father is preparing people for us to find and teach. I do not knock on your door out of coincidence; I, as a messenger of the Lord come into your life because He knows you need what I'm carrying.

The message of the everlasting gospel was meant to be preached "two by two" in the name of Christ, with voices "as with the sound of a trump" (Doctrine and Covenants 42:6). We are to be as angels, declaring tidings of great joy and bringing souls unto Christ. We are to have our feet firmly planted in the mission field, listening carefully for the Spirit to guide us as He has guided the missionaries of old (see Alma 21).

There are things I've experienced here that I could not have experienced anywhere else.

We have taught someone the meaning of the Book of Mormon and shown actual, living proof of what it does for them. We came cross a family who were previously taught by missionaries, and another who were ready to listen to our message.

This message is the most important message in the entire world. it is meant to be delivered by the weakest of all because it magnifies their weaknesses until they become even the greatest strengths. This message changes hearts. It lifts you to your highest potential.

Truly, a marvelous work has come forth among the children of men.

If you choose to embark in the service of God, see that you truly do serve Him with all of your heart, all of your might, and all of your strength. Because when it is too hard to climb, and when your legs shake and your heart pounds and sweat pours, the Savior is right there, pushing with you and helping you up this mountain of missionary work.

It is work, but it is the best work to have ever graced the earth.

I am so grateful to be a missionary. I am grateful to wear this name tag. I am grateful to know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's church on the earth today.

I know it. I have felt it. And nothing can change that.

Have a good week.

Godspeed!

I'll see you next week.

Sincerely,

Sister Rose


When you try to get a selfie with your district and it fails (Left to right: Elder Ostergar, ME!, Sister May, Elder Green, Elder Craig)
When you think it's your last district meeting, so your district leader plans a funeral. (Top from Left to right: Elder Craig, Elder Sillitoe, Elder Green, Elder Ostergar. Bottom is just Sister May and me [the dead one].)

SELFIE WITH THE SON

Quick! Pretend you're in the MTC and you point at your mission on the map!
  


This is pollen. That yellow stuff is POLLEN. I now understand allergies.

Sister May wanted to do a countdown. Yesterday was 10 days! So, here, have me in my pajamas and a 10! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment